What are the best books on spiritual abuse?
I’ve sent out a few copies of my upcoming book on spiritual abuse, called Broken Trust. I’m grateful to see that one reviewer (Stephen A. Smith) put it on the top of his list of fifteen books on spiritual abuse. Here is his list in the order that he recommends them:
Best Books on Spiritual Abuse (libertyforcaptives.com)
- Broken Trust: A practical guide to identify and recover from toxic faith, toxic
church, and spiritual abuse by F. Remy Diederich (this title available from Amazon Sept. 18, 2017)
- The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by David Johnson and Jeff VanVonderen
- Twisted Scriptures by Mary Chrnalogar
- The Heresy of Mind Control by Stephen Martin
- Churches that Abuse: Help for Those Hurt by Legalism and Authoritarian Leadership by Ronald Enroth
- Coping with Cult Involvement by Livia Bardin
- Spiritual Abuse Recovery: Dynamic Research on Finding a Place of Wholeness by Barb Orlowski, Ph.D.
- To Be Told: Know Your Story, Shape Your Future by Dan Allender
- Leading with a Limp by Dan Allender
- “Spiritual Authority” by Hal Miller (an article @ http://www.home-church.org/scc/authority.html )
- The Wrong Way Home: Uncovering the Patterns of Cult Behavior in American Society by Arthur J. Deikman, M.D.
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Families Where Grace is in Place by Jeff VanVonderen
- Forgive and Forget: Healing the Hurts We Don’t Deserve by Lewis B. Smedes
- When God’s People Let You Down by Jeff VanVonderen
If you are not a blogger but would like to be on my launch team, please see the details in my previous post.